by Anna Maria Cos Alcantara
It’s no secret that I love traveling. For a 22 year old, I’ve collected an impressive number of stamps on my passport already. But for me, it’s still not enough! I often find myself looking at pictures, daydreaming of visiting different cities when I have some free time. Here are some of the destinations I’ll hopefully get to visit soon —
- Cuzco, Peru – Machu Picchu definitely tops my dream destination list simply because there’s something really dreamy about visiting an old Incan citadel situated in the middle of the mountains. Not only is it a historical gem, but I’ve always been fascinated about mysterious sites like these that are said to have astronomical alignments, and up to this day they still haven’t exactly figured out what the purpose of the site was! On top of that, I’d love to see that day that I get to see that amazing panoramic view from the top.
- Reykjavik, Iceland – While I’m not really fond of freezing temperatures, I’ve always wanted to go to Iceland simply because it is said that they have the best seats to the Northern Lights. Not only is it an extraordinary natural phenomenon, but I’d love to hear about the myths about the aurora borealis. Another great activity I’d love to experience in Reykjavik is taking a dip in the Blue Lagoon, which is said to not only be a great geothermal wonder but also a skin care experience.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Brazil may not have the best reputation regarding pick pockets and overall security, but there’s something beautiful about theidea of seeing Christ the Redeemer statue, the Copacabana beach, and a city skyline all in one panoramic view. Not to mention that all of these are tucked in between mountains.
- Maldives – Again, I’m not a fan of cold weather. I’d rather be under the heat of the sun and Maldives is definitely in my list of dream destinations as someone who appreciates scenic views of blue water and fine, white sand. I’m pretty sure that there’s a lot more that people can do in Maldives, but the idea of being away from big cities, and staying in a villa on stilts sounds like a great vacation already to me
- Cape Town, South Africa – Last but not the least, it has always been my absolute dream to visit South Africa because of all the animals that you’ll get to see in their natural habitat. In Camps Bay you can enjoy the white sand beach and often see dolphin sightings. They also have Addo Elephant National Park which is basically the melting pot of African wildlife where you can find packs of elephants, lions, zebras, and black rhinos. And if you drive a little farther away to the coastline, a fishing village called Hermanus is where they say that you can easily spot whales, penguins, and even seals! It’s all the greatness of going to a zoo without worrying about the well-being of the animals.
While these destinations are definitely going to cost an arm and a leg, I’m determined to work and pray hard so that I can visit those cities in this lifetime, hopefully when I’m still young!